Driving Instructions to Aultmore Hollow Bed & Breakfast from Rotorua
These instructions start from the roundabout at the southern end of Fenton Street, where you take the exit to the south, which is the continuation of SH 30, heading to Taupo. Keep to this road. You will have the Rotorua Golf Club on your right.
- After 1.9 km State highway 5 comes in from your right and State Highway 30 now also becomes State Highway 5 (to Taupo). If you have travelled through Rotorua on State Highway 5 (which is the Old Taupo Road) you join our route at this point.
- Please reset your tripmeter to zero here.
- After 29.6 km, as you go up a slight rise, you will see on your right a green Highways sign for a left turn to Reporoa. Take this left turn into Settlers Road.
- Continue on Settlers Road and after a further 6.1 km (35.7 km on your tripmeter) you will come to the roundabout in the village of Reporoa. Continue straight ahead (south) onto Broadlands Road. Pass the Woolshed Tavern on your left as you leave Reporoa.
- Note: If you missed the turnoff at Settlers Road, continue on SH5 until, at approx 35 km on your tripmeter, you see a large milk processing factory & RD1 rural supplies store on your right at a place called Parekarangi. Just past this factory turn left off SH5 into Reporoa Road. After a further 2.2 km you will come to the roundabout in Reporoa. If you came this way, turn right at the roundabout so that you are heading south.
- Continue on Broadlands Road. You will pass through the settlement of Broadlands itself. Approx 18.4 km from the Reporoa roundabout (54.1 km on your tripmeter if you took the Settlers Road turnoff, 55.6 km if you did the Reporoa Road one) look out for Tiverton Downs Road on your left. Do not turn yet, continue on Broadlands road for a further (just under) 1 km and you come to the River Road turnoff on your right. If you are travelling in the dark, there is a solitary streetlight at this intersection.
- Our driveway, with the number 615 on the letterbox, is approx 600 m down River Road, on the left between the 50km speed restriction sign and the first streetlight.
- Aultmore Hollow is at the end of this driveway. Continue through the gate and down the slope. You have arrived!