Driving Instructions to Aultmore Hollow Bed & Breakfast from the Taupo By Pass (State Highway 1)
- As you approach Taupo you can, if you wish, bypass the town and travel directly to Aultmore Hollow. To do this, continue on the new section of State Highway 1 passing the airport if coming from the south, or over the new Waikato River bridge at Wairakei if coming from the north. If travelling from the Napier direction, take the right hand exit from the roundabout to join State Highway 1.
- From this new section of State Highway 1, take the exit signposted for Reporoa. At the end of the exit ramp reset your tripmeter, turning into Broadlands Road to follow the sign to Reporoa.
- River Road is on your left, approx 18 km from the exit ramp. As a landmark, shortly before this turn, on your left you will see an aeroplane parked in a paddock! (If you are travelling in the dark look for the solitary street light at the River Road intersection instead)
- Our driveway, with the number 615 on the letterbox, is approx 600 m down River Road, on the left between the 50km speed restriction sign and the first streetlight.
- Aultmore Hollow is at the end of this driveway. Continue through the gate and down the slope. You have arrived!